Register for the 2023 HURREVAC webinar series
Registration is open for the National Hurricane Program’s annual HURREVAC webinar series. The emergency management community is invited to join us each day from June 12 to June 16, 2023.
Instructors will cover a wide range of topics to help new HURREVAC users gain a comprehensive understanding of the program. Returning users can also look forward to demonstrations of new tools in the program and updates about NOAA’s forecast products. The five sessions will focus on these themes:
- Monday – Introduction to HURREVAC and overview of the National Hurricane Program
- Tuesday – Wind timing and intensity
- Wednesday – Evacuation timing
- Thursday – Storm surge and flooding hazards
- Friday – Applying HURREVAC with scenarios and exercises
As in previous years, sessions will go live at 2 PM EDT and run for approximately 90 minutes. Recordings will also be posted to the HURREVAC YouTube channel.
- Posted by John Boyer
- On March 23, 2023